To kick off ONE BOOK STEAMBOAT, Bud Werner Memorial Library gave away 10 free copies of To Kill A Mockingbird…but you had to find them first!
As of Friday morning, Sept. 24, 10 copies of the 50th anniversary edition of To Kill A Mockingbird were hidden at 10 different businesses throughout downtown Steamboat. One was buried somewhere within each of these mysterious downtown establishments!
1. Leaves of green and black await you downstairs for when you feel slack. Found at The Deep Steep Tea Co.!
2. Italy knows best. Found at Ciao Gelato!
3. Twinkle twinkle little star, head around the corner for décor from near and far. Found at Embellishments!
4. Pow! Zap! Wham! Found at BAP!
5. Downloading is loco – go old school with a disc, some liner notes and shop local. Found at All That Jazz!
6. Sage advice to hook a brookie or the book – a river runs near it.
7. Locals always lure a festive First Friday crowd. Found at the Artists’ Gallery of Steamboat!
8. Prime grazing for a hungry panda. Found at Bamboo Market!
9. You don’t need to scale the Himalayas to look awesome. Found at Blossom!
10. Where the king of beasts might head for his fix. Found at Lyons’ Drug!
In case you weren’t one of the local book finders, check out Steamboat’s local booksellers, Epilogue Book Company and Off the Beaten Path, because they’re stocked up and ready for ONE BOOK STEAMBOAT too!